Credit Cards (SA)
Platinum Credit Card review: world-class experiences
Learn how to get access to world-class private banking and valuable perks on this Platinum Credit Card review, and enjoy being part of the exclusivity this card offers.
Platinum Credit Card: exclusive discounts and rewards
On this Platinum Credit Card review, you will learn how this card works and the range of exclusive perks Standard Bank features.
Of course, a card like that requires at least an R58 000 monthly income. So, if you earn that, you should take a look at all you can get by holding this Platinum Mastercard.
|Credit Score||Not disclosed|
|Annual Fee||R1236.00 (R103.00 per month)|
|Fees||Initiation fee: R180.00;|
Additional card: R25.00;
Cash withdrawal: Branch – R80 + R2.50 per R100 or part thereof / ATM – R2.20 per R100 or part thereof;
ATM balance enquiry – no slip: Free / with slip – R1.80;
Branch balance enquiry: R15;
Other banks ATM balance enquiry: R10;
International transaction fee: 2,50%
|Rewards||Up to 5% cash back when booking on Booking.com;|
Exclusive discounts;12 visits per year to Bidvest lounges, 12 visits a year to the Library lounge at OR Tambo International Airport (Domestic Departures)
Now, find out the details about this credit card and if it is worth applying for.
How does the Platinum Credit Card work?
If you earn more than R58 000 monthly income, a Platinum Credit Card will probably fit your profile and needs.
Standard Bank offers more than just accounts. Among its credit cards, there is this one, a Platinum Mastercard, that gathers all an exclusive consumer wants.
Besides the accessibility, the card offers:
- Up to 5% cash back when booking on Booking.com using the card;
- Up to 20% discount on Emirates flights when booking through Leisure Desk;
- Up to 15% discount on your next international car rental when booking through Avis and a 10% discount on car rental through Rentalcars.com;
- 12 visits per year to Bidvest lounges and 12 visits per year to the Library lounge at OR Tambo International Airport (Domestic Departures);
- Access to exclusive experiences through Priceless Cities;
- 10% discount on all hard-and softshell luggage through Gopals;
- 10% discount on any international roundtrip fare through Travelstart.
Furthermore, you get a complete range of lifestyle benefits, including discounts on brands, and insurance perks, such as ATM Robbery Insurance, basic travel insurance, and Purchase Protection.
Even though all those perks come with a monthly service fee of R 103.00, the credit limit starts at R 250 000, and the interest rate is personalized.
You will be redirected to another website
Platinum Credit Card benefits
As shown on this Platinum Credit Card review, this Mastercard provides a complete scope of valuable perks, including cashback, discounts on various partners, insurance, and reasonable interest rates depending on the offer you get.
On the other hand, this card is not for everyone, and it charges an R 103.00 monthly fee.
- It offers a wide range of rewards, discounts, and premium access to various perks;
- It provides you with basic travel insurance, ATM Robbery Insurance, and Purchase Protection;
- It personalizes interest rates;
- It features a good credit limit;
- It is accepted all over the world.
- It charges a quite high monthly service fee, although benefits overcome costs;
- It requires at least an R58 000 monthly income.
How good does your credit score need to be?
Although this information is not disclosed, this credit card from Standard Bank is designed for people who earn at least R58 000 monthly income.
So, generally, credit rating must be good to apply for it.
How to apply for a Platinum Credit Card?
If you are interested in being part of a world-class private banking full of exclusivity and premium advantages, learn how to apply for a Platinum Credit Card.
About the author / Aline Augusto
Reviewed by / Aline Barbosa
Woolworths Black Credit Card full review: Earn WRewards!
Looking for a card that offers great rewards and top-notch travel insurance? If so, read our Woolworths Black Credit Card review!Keep Reading
How to apply for Child Support Grant?
Looking for ways to raise your child, but you need more money? If so, you can read on to see if you can apply for the Child Support Grant!Keep Reading
You may also like
ZippyLoan review: how does it work and is it good?
Wondering if ZippyLoan is the right loan platform for you? Here's everything you need to know! Connect with several lenders at once.Keep Reading
Happy Money Personal Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
This Happy Money personal loan review covers all the important details. Read on if you want to learn more about this incredible lender.Keep Reading
15K bonus points: My GM Rewards® Mastercard® review
Drive a GM vehicle? Cut down on expenses with My GM Rewards® Mastercard®- Check out our review! Pay $0 annual fee!Keep Reading