Credit Cards (US)
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® benefits: Is it worth keeping it?
If you're a Chase Sapphire cardholder looking for more information on the card, read our post to see the new Chase Sapphire Reserve® benefits!
by Victória Lourenço
Find out if you should keep the Chase Sapphire Reserve® with its new benefits!
Are you a Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholder? If so, you’ll be excited to know that the bank recently announced several new Chase Sapphire benefits! You can learn if you should keep this great credit card!
Moreover, this exclusive and popular rewards card can offer improved airport lounge access to expanded travel credits and more.
Also, there are lots of exciting changes that come with the new benefits – but is it worth keeping your Reserve card?
Therefore, in this blog post, we’ll explore all the latest perks of having a Chase Sapphire Reserve®, as well as potential drawbacks, to help determine if it’s worth it for your lifestyle.
So, read on to find out everything you need to know before deciding whether or not this valuable credit card is right for you! And see the new Chase Sapphire Reserve® benefits!
Best credit cards for travelers in 2023
Check out the best credit cards for travelers in 2023 we have selected for you. Choose yours and start planning your next vacation while earning rewards and saving money!
What rewards does the Chase Sapphire Reserve® card offer?
Besides the incredible perks you can get with this card, you can also find great rewards. And you can see a summary of some of the main rewards you can get with this card in our list below. Read on!
- 5x points on flights when you purchase travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards® after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually;
- 10x points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (valid after you spend your first $300 on travel purchases annually);
- 3x points on other travel worldwide (valid after your first $300 are spent on travel purchases annually);
- 10x points on Chase Dining purchases (Ultimate Rewards®);
- 3x points on another dining at restaurants (includes eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out);
- Also, earn 1 point for each dollar you spend on all other purchases;
- Terms apply.
You will be redirected to another website
See the new Chase Sapphire Reserve® card benefits
You can find many incredible benefits when applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Also, if you already have this card, you should understand the updated perks you can keep getting!
Moreover, you can even earn a welcome bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in your first three months from your account opening (terms apply)!
In addition, you can get incredible travel and rewards perks! Therefore, read our list below with the main perks you can get as a cardholder of this Chase card:
- $300 annual travel credit in statement credits as reimbursement for travel purchases you make each account anniversary year;
- 50% more value when you redeem your flight at one of the more than 1,300 VIP lounges you can find in over 500 cities worldwide (valid after one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select);
- You can earn one statement credit of up to $100 each four years (Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS Fee Credit);
- Access room upgrades and daily breakfast at over 1,000 properties when booking with the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection;
- 24/7 access to customer service;
- Terms apply.
Also, you can find many other benefits and perks when using this Chase Sapphire card!
What travel coverage can I get with this Chase card?
You’ll be able to get incredible travel protection with this credit card. For example, you can get access to purchase protection that covers your new purchases for 120 days (valid against damage or theft). Terms apply.
Moreover, you can even access Extended Warranty Protection and return protection to be reimbursed for eligible items at stores (terms apply).
How to get airport lounge access?
Are you looking for a way to make your travel experiences easier and more comfortable? If so, read our post to learn how to get airport lounge access!
In addition, with this Chase card, you can get some other travel perks, such as the ones below:
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance;
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver;
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement;
- Emergency Evacuation & Transportation;
- Trip Delay Reimbursement;
- Terms apply.
What are the fees you need to pay to use this Chase card?
Even though this Chase card offers incredible perks and rewards to its cardholders, there are also some fees you’ll need to pay to enjoy the new Chase Sapphire benefits. So, here is a list of the most common fees this card can charge:
- You’ll need to pay a $550 annual fee;
- $75 annual fee for each authorized user;
- 5% or $5 fee for each balance transfer amount, whichever is greater;
- $10 or 5% of each cash advance transaction amount, whichever is greater;
- Up to $40 late payment fee and return payment fee;
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
These are just some of the fees you’ll need to be ready to pay when you start using this Chase card.
What is the credit limit for the Chase Sapphire Reserve® card?
Cardholders of the Chase Sapphire Reserve have access to a high $10,000 minimum credit limit.
However, the maximum credit limit for this premium travel rewards card has not been officially announced.
But the credit limit is likely over $100,000, just like the highest limit on the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
What do I need to qualify for a Chase Sapphire Reserve® card?
There are no official requirements to get this Chase card. However, we recommend you have a high credit score and annual income for better chances, especially with the new Chase Sapphire benefits.
Moreover, it can be good to know if you can pay the fees related to this credit card before you start the application process.
What credit score do you need to get a Chase Sapphire Reserve® card?
Chase does not specify a minimum or maximum credit score for approval of any of its credit cards.
However, applicants should have outstanding credit. Therefore, a credit score of 750 is not required to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve, but it is strongly recommended.
In addition, you should be aware that the application process to get this card can impact your credit score. Therefore, be sure to know your score before you complete the application.
Moreover, if you already have this Chase card, you can see if you want to keep it. However, the best choice can be to keep it due to its great benefits!
Now that you’ve learned more about the new Chase Sapphire Reserve® benefits, you can see if this is the card for you. the following link will show you everything about the application process.
How do you get the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card?
Do you want incredible travel and dining perks in one credit card? Then, read more to know how to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card!
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card full review
This Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card review gathers all you must know about this AMEX: costs, rewards, and more! Check it out!Keep Reading
How to apply for the NetFirst Platinum credit card?
The NetFirst Platinum card is a store card that helps you build your credit score. Learn how to apply for it today and enjoy its benefits!Keep Reading
Online Payment Methods: ways to pay
Find out the 5 different secure online payment methods and save time, effort, and money while enjoying convenience, safety, and flexibility.Keep Reading
You may also like
Capitec Bank App review: the easiest way to take care of your finances
The Capitec Bank mobile app review will tell you how to take control of your finances with a simple, easy-to-use interface that makes managing money faster and more convenient. Keep reading!Keep Reading
Juno Checking Account review: Access crypto in a flash!
Get 5% cashback on 5 brands of your choice! Check out our Juno Checking account review to learn how! Let's get started!Keep Reading
How to fight back inflation hitting American households
Inflation is quickly raising prices for households in essential areas of their monthly budgets. Find out how you can protect your finances from the impact of rising prices.Keep Reading