Amex Centurion or Amex Platinum: Which is the best card?
If you're looking for a top-of-the-line credit card, you have two options: Amex Centurion or Amex Platinum. Both cards offer great benefits, but which one is right for you? In this blog post, we'll compare the two cards and help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
by Victória Lourenço
American Express Centurion vs. American Express Platinum: card comparison.
Which Amex card fits your needs better: Amex Centurion or Amex Platinum? In this post, we will give you the benefits and disadvantages of these two premium products. So, keep reading to know more about them and to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle.
The American Express company is well-known for its great cards that offer amazing perks and rewards for cardholders. The American Express Centurion card is quite a mysterious and exclusive one, it is a black card, so if you are looking for luxury, this can be product for you.
However, the American Express Platinum card has more accessible features than the Amex Centurion, such as a lower annual fee and also fewer luxury perks. Keep reading our comparison and see which card fits your wallet better, the Amex Centurion or Amex Platinum.
If you want to know how to apply for, and whether you are eligible for, the American Express Centurion, this is the place.
Check out the table below and understand a bit more about the differences and perks of these two great cards!
|American Express Centurion card||American Express Platinum card|
|Sign-up bonus||N/A||100,000 Membership Rewards after $6k on purchases|
during the first 6 months of card usage.
|Rewards*||$1 spent on purchases = 1 MR points|
1.5 MR points for every $1 you spend
A 50 percent discount on MR redemptions for paid airfare
Credit for Saks Fifth Avenue
24/7 concierge service
|5 points per dollar spent on American Express Travel;|
5 points on hotel bookings through American Express Travel;
2 points on travel expenses booked through Amex Travel;
1 point per dollar on all other eligible purchases;
Acess to airport lounges worldwide.
|Other perks||Easy redemption points;|
|Uber Rides with Platinum;|
Shop Saks with Platinum
|APR||16.24% variable.||16.24% – 23.24% based on creditworthiness.|
American Express Centurion card
The American Express Centurion card is a black card from Amex, and it can be a symbol of power for those who want it or have it already. One of the things that make this card so exclusive is that it is an invite-only card. This card even has perks that are not disclosed to the public. And there are very few cards available. The card has no bonus rewards as the people who get this card probably do not need it.
American Express Platinum card
The American Express Platinum card is very exclusive. This card has many benefits related to travel and other great perks. Even though the card has some high fees, the rewards that come with it can be worth it. As a cardholder, you can have access to a number of airport lounges. You can also get many luxurious travel benefits related to Hilton and Marriott.
Benefits of the Amex Centurion Card
- 27/7 concierge service available for cardholders.
- 0$ foreign transaction fee for those who need to make foreign business.
- Equinox Destination Access membership
- Exclusive luxury perks.
- Services related to the Centurion International Arrival
- Personalized shopping services
- Concierge services that are also personalized
- 1 MR point for Every dólar spent on every purchase that is under 5,000 dollars
- You can redeem points for a number of gift cards related to retail, travel, restaurants, and more categories.
Benefits of the Amex Platinum card
- This card has many great rewards related to flight and hotel purchases made through American Express Travel.
- The card offers incredible access to airport lounges.
- You can get luxurious travel perks when enrolling with Hilton and Marriott.
- The perks and rewards that come with the card and make the hefty annual fee worth it.
- You can get a great welcome bonus of 10,000 MP points.
- Get up to $179 on CLEAR membership credit every year when enrolling.
- You can also get elite status when enrolling with Hertz, National Car Rental, and Avis.
Disadvantages of Amex Centurion Card
- The annual fee of $5,000 can be a con for some people, but others might not care about paying this amount as they already have much money and spending power.
- You need to get invited to apply for this card.
- The card has a $10,000 initiation fee. But this one might also not be a problem for the people who use the card.
- There is no bonus rewards or welcome bonus. They are only said to be personalized.
Disadvantages of Amex Platinum card
- The rewards not related to travel are not that beneficial, considering it is a platinum card.
- The card has a very high annual fee that might be a downside for some people who want a platinum card with a better annual fee cost.
- If you want to maximize the statement credits of this card, that might be a bit difficult.
American Express Centurion or American Express Platinum card: which you should choose?
To choose between these cards, you must evaluate your financial life and your lifestyle. Remember that the American Express Centurion card does not have an application process. So, you must be very rich and have a high spending power to get accepted and get this exclusive card.
Therefore, the American Express Platinum card might be a better choice for you. However, pay attention to your credit score and financial lifestyle as well. This card has many exclusive perks too. So, be sure to fit the profile before applying.
But remember to always think about your financial profile before choosing the best card for you. So, be sure to be able to pay for the card’s fees so you can get the best out of its perks and rewards.
If you fit the profile to get the American Express Centurion or American Express Platinum card, you might also like the Citi Prestige card. So, check out our post below with an overview of the Citi Prestige card and learn more about this other exclusive black card!
How to apply for the SoFi personal loan?
Are you looking for a loan to pay for household and family expenses? The SoFi loan options can help you. Keep reading to know how to apply!Keep Reading
Jaxx wallet or Exodus wallet: Which is the best to invest in?
Jaxx wallet or Exodus wallet? Which one is the best crypto wallet for your investment needs? Read our comparison post to find out!Keep Reading
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Secured credit card full review
Do you need a card with no annual fee and rewards? Read our full review of the Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Secured credit card!Keep Reading
You may also like
Destiny credit card review: is it worth it?
Destiny credit card will give you a $300 credit limit with no deposit required. Is that what you are looking for? If so, read this article to learn more about this card.Keep Reading
The hidden cost of banking: 6 common bank fees you may not know about
It's no secret that banks charge fees. But what many people don't know is why they do it. This post will explain the common bank fees and why they're necessary.Keep Reading
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards vs. Capital One Venture Rewards: card comparison
When it comes to picking a new credit card, there are a lot of options to choose from. Bank of America and Capital One offer great rewards cards, but which one is right for you? Take a look at our comparison to help you decide between Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards or Capital One Venture Rewards!Keep Reading