Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card review
A credit card with no annual fee, but with many features? That is how the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card works. So, check out the card's full review!
Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card introduction.
Have you ever looked for a card that gives you rewards but doesn’t charge you a big amount of fees? That seems kind of out of reach, right? Then, meet the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card.
With no annual fee and an intro APR of 0% for 15 months on balance transfers and purchases, this is a card that will put your worries at ease! Therefore, keep reading to learn more about it.
|Credit Score||From Good to Excellent|
|Regular APR||0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. After that period ends:|
Purchase APR: 19.74% – 28.49% Variable;
Balance Transfer APR: 19.74% – 28.49% Variable;
Cash Advance APR: 29.74% Variable.
|Welcome bonus||Additional 1.5% cash back on every purchase|
(on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) – worth up to $300 cash back
|Rewards||5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®;|
3% cash back on dining and takeout;
3% back on drugstore;
1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card highlights
If you are looking for a credit card that offers valuable rewards and a welcome bonus with no annual fee, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card is worth considering.
The sign-up bonus gives all new cardholders an extra 1.5% cashback on purchases up to $20.000 within the first 12 months.
Plus, there is a 0% intro APR for 15 months, and then the APR varies from 19.74% – 28.49%.
Also, it provides you with a flexible cashback reward program with no minimum value and no expiration date. So, you can use it to travel or shop at Amazon, for example.
Furthermore, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® card offers Contactless payment and credit support with the Chase Credit Journey, which allows you to get help with your credit journeys, such as credit reports, monitor and usage.
In addition, it protects you from fraud, theft and it gives you insurance and assistance in travel and car rental.
But, note that after opening your account, you will receive a Guide of Benefits with a full explanation of how the benefits work and their coverage.
Plus, it requires at least a good credit score.
You will be redirected to another website
Chase Freedom Unlimited® card pros and cons
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card is all about rewards. Check out the list of it:
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
Also, there is no intro APR charged for 15 months.
However, all these benefits come with a price: the Chase Freedom Unlimited® requires a good or excellent credit score, and it charges a 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars on international purchases. So, be aware of it before applying for it.
- Intro Offer: Earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) – worth up to $300 cash back!
- Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
- After your first year or $20,000 spent, enjoy 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. You can choose to receive a statement credit or direct deposit into most U.S. checking and savings accounts. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open!
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.74% – 28.49%.
- No annual fee – You won’t have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Freedom Unlimited® card
- Keep tabs on your credit health, Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more.
- It requires a good or excellent credit score.
- 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars on foreign purchases.
Learn how good your credit score needs to be for application
A good rewarding program used to come with some requirements. That’s how it works for this card. So, it requires at least a good credit score for the application.
Check out now how to apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card
If you want to start to use all the benefits the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card can offer you, check out now how to apply for it!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
JetBlue Flight Deals review: from flights to hotel stays!
If you're looking for a great way to save on your next vacation, you can read our JetBlue Flight Deals review to learn about this airline!Keep Reading
How to apply for the Porte Savings Account?
Find out how easy it is to apply for a Porte Savings Account and start earning up to 3.00% APY at no monthly service fees (conditions apply).Keep Reading
You may also like
Where Zero Means More: Navy Federal Platinum Card Review
Get everything you need to know about the Navy Federal Platinum Card in our review and discover why "zero" is a great value - pay no hidden fees!Keep Reading
Discontinued Apple products are worth thousands online
If you have an old Apple product lying around, it might be worth more than you think. Check this article to see how much your discontinued Apple product could be worth on the resale market.Keep Reading
Best investments for beginner investors: an easy guide on funds and more!
Are you wondering what the best investments for beginner investors are? This is a common doubt. The first step is the most important - and scariest. Don't worry, and we'll show you how to start.Keep Reading