Fit Mastercard vs Surge Mastercard card: Which is the best?
Fit Mastercard or Surge Mastercard? Which one can be the best for you? If you have a poor or limited score, both of them can help you! Keep reading to know more!
by Victória Lourenço
Fit Mastercard or Surge Mastercard: card comparison
If you have a very low or limited score, it does not mean that you can’t find a good credit card. Several card options in the market can accept people who have very poor scores or no score at all. And, in this post, we will give you two options for you to know more about. So, keep reading to find out which one is best for you: Fit Mastercard or Surge Mastercard?
|Fit Mastercard card||Surge Mastercard card|
|Sign-up bonus||This card does not offer a welcome bonus to its cardholders.||There is no welcome bonus available for this credit card.|
|Annual fee||This credit card charges an annual fee of $99.||The annual fee varies between $75 and $99.|
|Rewards||This credit card does not offer any rewards to its card members.||This credit card does not offer rewards to its cardholders.|
|Other perks*||You can get your credit limit doubled by this card if you make all your payments on time for six months.|
Get free access to your score through Vantage 3.0 score offered by Experian (only when you sign up for e-statements.)
|You can get $0 fraud liability as a cardholder.|
This credit card sends monthly reports to all three major credit bureaus.
You can get a credit limit increase after making your payments on time for the first six months of account opening.
|APR||This card charges a variable APR of 22.99%.||The variable APR on this card runs from 24.99% to 29.99%.|
Fit Mastercard card
If you have a bad credit score, the Fit Mastercard credit card can be good for you to build credit. This credit card sends monthly payment reports to all three major credit bureaus. Even though you only get a $400 initial credit limit, that can be good for you to manage and control your finances to reestablish your credit.
This credit card also offers the chance for you to get your credit limit up. To increase your credit limit, you just have to make your payments on time for the first six months from your account opening date.
Moreover, this credit-building card can give you access to the Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability program. With this program, you can use your credit card more safely.
Also, as a cardholder, you can have access to your statement credits online. Also, if you opt for this feature of online statements, you can get access to your score every month for free. However, even with these great features to help you build or rebuild your credit score, this card does not offer any rewards to its cardholders.
Surge Mastercard card
The Surge Mastercard credit card focuses on people with very limited or bad credit scores. It is an unsecured credit card and charges an annual fee ranging between $75 and $99. Also, this credit card can be great for you to rebuild or build your credit score.
In addition, this credit card sends out your monthly payment reports to all three major credit bureaus. This can really be an efficient tool to help you make a plan to build your credit. Also, you only get a credit limit of up to $1,000. And that can help you control your finances a bit better.
However, this credit-building card does not offer any type of reward to its cardmembers. That can be a downside for some people, but if you use this credit card wisely, you can fastly improve your score and qualify to get a better card.
Benefits of Fit Mastercard
- With the Fit Mastercard credit card, you can get the chance of increasing your credit limit. To do this, you will need to make all of your monthly payments on time for the first six months of account opening.
- Even if you have a very bad credit score or no credit score at all, you can get approved to get this card. This can be a great thing if you need a credit card to build your credit.
- This credit card company sends your payment reports monthly to all three major credit bureaus.
- As a cardholder, you can get access to the Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability program. With this program, you will not need to pay for transactions that you did not authorize.
Benefits of Surge Mastercard
- You can check if you are qualified to get this credit card and have no impact on your credit score. This can be great for those who have very limited scores.
- You can get up to $1,000 of credit limit.
- Your credit limit can increase to $2,000. You just have to make all of your monthly payments on time for the first 6 months of using the card.
Disadvantages of Fit Mastercard card
- This credit card charges some relatively high fees. This includes a $99 annual fee, a $6.25 maintenance fee which is charged monthly, an $89 processing fee that is charged only one time, and a 3% foreign transaction fee.
- The fees charged by this card can affect your balance and reduce your credit limit.
- One more relatively high fee charged by this credit card is the variable APR, which is an APR of 22.99% on purchases. This APR fee can be higher than the average APR of similar credit cards.
Disadvantages of Surge Mastercard card
- This credit card charges a relatively high annual fee.
- This card has a very high variable APR that ranges from 24.99% to 29.99%.
- Like many similar credit cards, this card charges a $10 monthly maintenance fee. However, this only starts applying after your first year of account opening.
Fit Mastercard or Surge Mastercard card: which you should choose?
The Fit Mastercard card does not require a deposit to open an account. Also, anyone with a poor or limited credit score has a chance to get approved. However, his card charges some very high fees. So, if you can pay for those fees and already have a play to use this card to build credit, you can get it.
In addition, the Surge Mastercard can have very similar features to the Fit Mastercard card. However, you can get the chance of paying a lower variable APR fee. So, both cards can help you build your score. You just need to compare the fees to see which one you can afford best.
Also, if you are still looking for credit-building card options, check out our post below with a full review of the Discover it Secured credit card!
Eloan review: what you need to know before applying
In this Eloan review article, you will learn how it works and how you can get the best of it to achieve your goals and cover up your needs.Keep Reading
Chase Sapphire Preferred: overview on Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred card is great for people who like dining and travel rewards! Read more to know about this special travel card!Keep Reading
You may also like
Mogo Prepaid Card Review
By getting a Mogo Prepaid Card, you can save money while reducing your environmental impact. Check our Mogo Prepaid Card review to learn all that this product can do for you and for the planet.Keep Reading
What is a high-yield savings account: a comprehensive guide
Are you looking for a high-yield savings account? If so, you've come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we'll show you what a high-yield savings account is. So, read on to learn more!Keep Reading
How to open an Axos High Yield Savings Account easily
If you're looking for an online savings account, the Axos High-Yield Savings account is a good place to start. Learn about its features and application process here!Keep Reading