Credit Cards (US)
Chase Freedom Flex℠ review
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ offers two things you may love: no annual fee and a good pack of rewards. Ready for this card’s full review? So, come along with us!
Cash back is just around the corner with Chase Freedom Flex℠ credit card.
Are you looking for a credit card that will give you maximum rewards with minimal headaches? Then check out our Chase Freedom Flex℠ review to learn how this card could be the perfect fit for your wallet.
With a flexible reward program that fits your lifestyle and a welcome bonus, this card provides you with protection, as well.
So, keep peace of mind knowing that your account is safeguarded.
|Credit Score||Good – Excellent|
|Regular APR||0% intro APR for 15 months from opening the account. After that:|
Purchase APR: 19.74% – 28.49% Variable;
Balance Transfer APR: 19.74% – 28.49% Variable;
Cash Advance APR: 29.74% Variable.
|Welcome bonus||$200 bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months from opening the account.|
|Rewards||5% cash back on bonus categories up to $1,500 in combined purchases quarterly. Terms apply.|
5% cash back on travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
3% on restaurants, including eligible delivery and take out, and drugstores.
1% on every other purchase.
All you need to know about the Chase Freedom Flex℠ credit card
It is not only the $0 annual fee that you should look closer at this card. After opening the account, it offers 0% Intro APR for 15 months on both purchase and balance transfer. After that, a 19.74% – 28.49% variable APR applies.
Also, you can get a $200 bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months from opening the accounts. The Chase Freedom Flex℠ gives you a flexible reward program, as follows:
- You can earn 5% cash back on categories you activate each quarter, up to $1,500 spent on purchases combined;
- You can earn 5% cash back on travel expenses using Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Plus, you can earn 3% cash back on restaurants and drugstores categories;
- Finally, you can earn 1% on all other purchases.
Plus, this reward doesn’t expire as long as your account is open. And there is no minimum to redeem it.
Additionally, this Mastercard provides you with some perks through partnerships with brands like Doordash and Lyft.
However, it charges a 3% or $5 balance transfer fee, whichever is greater, and a 3% foreign transaction fee.
You will be redirected to another website
Chase Freedom Flex℠ card advantages and disadvantages
Even though this credit card offers a flexible reward program, it requires maintenance every quarter for you to enjoy the 5% cash back on eligible categories.
Also, you only redeem your cash back into travel expenses through the Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Finally, the 1% cash back on all purchases is not quite good if you compare it to its similar card, the Chase Unlimited.
On the other hand, it gives you a 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months after opening the account (variable 19.74% – 28.49% after that period).
Note that it offers benefits like protection and assistance, as well. That is great, considering the card doesn’t have an annual fee.
Check out the list of pros and cons below before applying for a Chase Freedom Flex℠:
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. You can choose to receive a statement credit or direct deposit into most U.S. checking and savings accounts. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open!
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.74% – 28.49%.
- No annual fee- You won’t have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Freedom FlexSM card
- Keep tabs on your credit health – Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more.
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- The 5% cash back requires quarterly maintenance
- Cash back on travel must be redeemed through the Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3% or $5 balance transfer fee, whichever is greater
See how good your credit score needs to be for the application
If you think this credit card is the one for you, first note that it requires a good credit score for the application. So, if you don’t have this recommended score, don’t worry; check out other cards’ reviews we’ve made on this blog.
Learn how to apply for a Chase Freedom Flex℠ credit card
If you have a good credit score, you may be able to apply for this Chase Freedom Flex℠. Then, don’t waste time and check out how to apply for it right now!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Jaxx wallet or Coinomi wallet: Which is the best?
To diversify your investment portfolio, you will need a digital wallet. Read more to know which one is best: Jaxx wallet or Coinomi wallet!Keep Reading
How to join and start banking with First Internet Bank of Indiana?
Learn how to join First Internet Bank of Indiana, and start banking with a complete package of financial products and services at a low cost.Keep Reading
You may also like
First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured Credit Card review
The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured Credit Card is designed to help you rebuild your credit. You don't need any credit score history to get it. Keep reading to learn more!Keep Reading
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Credit Card application: how does it work?
Ready to jumpstart your credit journey? Discover the fast, convenient way to build or rebuild your credit score with the help of the Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Credit Card. Read on for an easy guide to apply.Keep Reading
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card application: how does it work?
Using the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card it's the perfect way to upgrade any trip, no matter how far you're going. Read on to learn how to apply!Keep Reading